TITLE: TS Network Engineer
EFFECTIVE DATE: August 2017
REPORTS TO: TS Manager
APPROVAL AUTHORITY: Director
CAREER PROGRESSION TO: N/A
GRADE: STEP RANGE: $23.88 to $37.42/hr. FLSA: Non – Exempt
PROBATIONARY PERIOD: 6 Months
EEO DESIGNATION: Technical
SUMMARY/GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
Provides advanced technical assistance to system users for computers and technical service related problems; provides computer equipment/systems support including hardware, software and peripheral printers and related equipment/systems; installation of new systems and equipment; upgrade existing hardware and software; performs a variety of technical tasks relative to assigned area of responsibility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Serves as advanced support for the Technical Services Department. Follows policies and procedure to assure end users understand and utilize resources efficiently and effectively.
- Communicate technical information to a wide variety of users clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing. Provide training to end users relating to information tecnology and software.
- Utilize principles and practices of computer science and information systems to provide support and to respond to end-user needs and requests to resolve issues in a quick and efficient manner.
- Respond to requests from users regarding system operations; provide assistance to Center personnel in the utilization of hardware/software and in resolving related system problems.
- Identify user needs and recommend solutions to meet their operating requirements.
Installation of new hardware/software to include necessary updates, patches and firmware upgrades.
- Participate in the evaluation and testing of systems; install, maintain, repair and support workstations to include troubleshooting, diagnosis, peripheral installation, and upgrades. Monitor overall systems performance to ensure achievement of system and operational objectives.
- Maintain accurate logs and archiving of completed requests for service. Provides support for hardware, software and related equipment/systems.
- Assist with the daily system operation of servers and data network.
- Monitor system disks for space
- Reset user passwords as needed and grant or revoke system access.
- Assist Security Engineer in maintaining VMware, VSphere and ESXi
- Assist with network management to include end-to-end connectivity, wiring, Server configurations, LAN/WAN system integrity.
- Perform analysis on all computer systems, hardware and software to maintain maximum efficiency.
- Responsible for system backups as directed by TS Manager.
- Assist with the system operation of Local Area Network (LANs). Wide area Network (WAN).
- Upgrade and assure software version control as necessary.
- Maintain, trouble-shoot and correct problems on various designated programs.
- Maintain licenses, hardware inventory, and maintenance schedules. Assure all workstation, laptops, and other devices are compliant with Anti-virus standards. With the assistance of the Tech I and Tech II positions deliver updates to virus, spyware and spam software.
- Provide network connectivity to the workstation to include necessary wire/wireless connection.
- Create new network connections: coordinate network patch panel connections with Security Engineer.
- Accept 24/7 on call duties when assigned by Technical Services Manager. Other duties as assigned or required.
- Proper procedures and techniques for the installation, replacement and repair of Servers, PC workstations, laptops and peripherals.
- Microsoft Server 2012 or newer operating systems, Microsoft SQL, Windows 10or newer versions.
- Network connectivity and protocols
- Ethernet connectivity, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Access and PowerPoint
- Troubleshooting Techniques.
- Perform Computer hardware installations on Servers, workstations and laptops.
- Maintain standalone and networked printers. Prioritize requests for service.
- Perform network cabling Maintain and foster harmonious and productive working relationships with others.
- Operate network servers, printers, modems, and scanners
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve telecommunications hardware and software problems.
- Analyze data and develop logical solutions to issues.
- Communicate clearly, concisely and appropriately both orally and in writing
- Accept 24/7 on call duties when assigned by Technical Service Manager.
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
- Associates degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems or related field.
- Must have four (4) years experience as a Computer/Information Systems Technician, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Thorough knowledge of practices, procedures and techniques of computer and peripheral equipment operation.
- Experience in the preparation and maintenance of systems and operations documentation.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) and/or Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE).
- Ability to read and understand technical manual and instructions; speak in clear and concise English. Able to understand and follow complex verbal and written instructions.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, users, employees, and personnel form other agencies and the public.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to think clearly and act quickly in emergency or stressful situation.
- Successful completion of drug screen and background check.
Work may be confined to an immediate work area. Must be available to work 24/7. Employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time, stand, bend and move along with ability to talk or hear. Ability to work in a standard office environment. Ability to lift 50 pounds and occasionally required to push or pull up to 150 pounds. Close vision and distance vision with no color impairment.
Please complete an application.
5360 Ridge Village Dr
West Valley City, Utah 84118